Avanti Travel Ltd GDPR Statement
Avanti Travel Ltd needs to gather and use certain information about individuals. These can include customers, suppliers, business contacts, employees and other people the organisation has a relationship with or may need to contact. The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a significant piece of European legislation which is effective from the 25th May 2018. It builds on existing data protection laws, strengthening the rights that EU individuals have over their personal data, and creating a single data protection approach across Europe.
How will Avanti Travel Ltd comply with the GDPR?
We are reviewing (and updating where necessary) all our internal processes, procedures, data systems and documentation to ensure that we fully comply with the GDPR.
GDPR Principles are:
- Data is gathered lawfully, ethically and securely
- Data is processed fairly and lawfully
- Data is processed only for specified and lawful purposes
- Processed data is adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Processed data is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- Data is not kept longer than necessary
- Data is processed in accordance with an individual's consent and rights
- Data is kept secure
- Data is not transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area ('EEA') without adequate protection
Your privacy matters to us. And we are committed to protecting any personal information you give us.
At Avanti Travel Ltd, we offer Hotel Accommodation, Transfers, Attraction Tickets & Flight products through our own websites, this policy applies to all these platforms.
What kind of personal information does Avanti Travel Ltd use?
When you make a booking or request a quote, we ask you for the information we need to give you what you want. This may include the names of all passengers, ages, contact details (email, address and telephone number), date and place of birth, passport information and payment information.
- Account Details: To make things easier, you can create your own account This lets you save your personal information for the future, allowing you to review and manage your bookings. The information we gather through 'accounts' will also be kept in accordance with the GDPR principles.
- Payment: Once you have made a payment by Website or telephone, we will not retain your credit card information, it will be destroyed immediately and if further payments become due we will ask for your credit card information again.
- Websites: We use 'cookies' on our websites to gather information, This may include your IP address and which browser you're using, as well as information about your Computer's operating system, application version, language settings and pages visited. If you're using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your device, device specific settings and characteristics, and latitude/longitude. We might also calculate and process data related to the apps installed on your mobile device (e.g. name, description and category). None of this information by itself will be able to tell us who you are, but it can still be considered 'personal' information. We may also receive information about you when you use certain social media services.
Why does Avanti Travel Ltd collect, share and use your personal information?
- Bookings: First and foremost, we use your personal information to complete and administer your booking, and to forward the necessary details to the supplier. We may also use it to complete and administer the bookings of any ancillary products, and to forward the necessary details to the relevant supplier.
- Customer service: Sharing your details with our customer service staff allows us to help you when you need it: for example responding to your queries.
- Customer reviews: We may use your contact information to send you a short questionnaire about your booking. This helps us understand and improve our service and the service our partners provide.
- Marketing activities: We also use your personal information for marketing activities, as permitted by law.
- We may use it to contact you by email with information on our latest news, offers and updates, including details of our goods and services, special offers, discounts or promotions, new products or services, and forthcoming events or competitions. You consent to this when you opt in for marketing information on the booking form, unless you opt out by ticking the relevant box (you can also opt out at any time by clicking âunsubscribeâ in the email.
- We may use it to contact you by telephone or email, with information about your booking and or products that you didn't include in your original booking. Again, you consent to this when you opt in for marketing information on the booking form, unless you opt out by ticking the relevant box.
- Other communications: There may be other times when we contact you by email, phone or SMS, depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
- We may need to respond to and handle your requests.
- We may send you other material related to your booking, such as information on contacting Avanti Travel Ltd if you need help â or a summary of your previous bookings.
- Fraud detection and prevention: We may use personal information to detect and prevent fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
- Improving our services: Finally, we use personal information for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to enhance the user experience, and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
How does Avanti Travel Ltd share your information with third parties?
In certain situations, we may share your personal information with third parties.
- The company/companies supplying any of the products making up your booking. For example: your name, age, contact details (email, address and telephone number), date and place of birth, passport information, driving licence information, payment information and any preferences you specified when booking.
- Competent authorities: We may share your personal information with government or investigative authorities if required by law (or any regulation having the force of law). Such requirements include court orders, subpoenas and orders arising from legal processes and criminal investigations. We may also disclose your personal data if it is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts.
- We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect your personal information. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions on accessing and using the personal information on our servers. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access personal information in the course of their work.
How can you control marketing emails?
When you make a booking or request a quote, we explain how to opt out of marketing and sales emails. You can also opt out at any time by clicking âunsubscribeâ in any of these emails.
How can you control the personal information you have given to Affordable Car Hire Ltd?
You can request a copy of the information we have about you by emailing email@example.com (stating 'Data Query' in the subject line) or writing to Avanti Travel Ltd. The Coach House, 1a Dicconson Terrace. Wigan. WN1 2AA
To keep your information safe, we may ask for further information to confirm your identity. If you spot any mistakes in your information, please tell us (email or write to the same addresses) so we can correct them.
Avanti Travel Ltd. The Coach House. 1a Dicconson Terrace. Wigan. WN1 2AA,